Building Partnerships for Better Health: Launching North Carolina's State Transformation Collaborative
Geneen Auditorium at Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
Contact InformationLuke Durocher
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Division of Health Benefits, the Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network (LAN), the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and the Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy will host the official launch of North Carolina’s State Transformation Collaborative on February 2, 2023 from 3:00 pm-5:00 pm ET. This public event will be held both in person at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and virtually.
The State Transformation Collaborative is a joint public-private initiative designed to advance value-based and person-centered care by building partnerships to advance health for all. North Carolina—along with Colorado, California, and Arkansas— are the four states selected by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to participate in this groundbreaking initiative. With federal engagement, state leadership, and multi-stakeholder collaboration, North Carolina’s State Transformation Collaborative provides a unique opportunity to improve population health, enhance patient experience, reduce health care costs, and decrease administrative demands on health care providers, while simultaneously advancing health equity.
Key topics at the launch event will include: strategies for North Carolina’s State Transformation Collaborative, concrete steps that can be taken to achieve progress, and a roadmap to advance the health of North Carolinians through sustained partnership within the Collaborative. There also will be opportunities for open discussion.
- Kate Davidson, LCSW, Director, Learning and Diffusion Group, Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation
- Shannon Dowler, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Division of Health Benefits, North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services
- Stephen Friedhoff, MD, Senior Vice President, Health Care Services, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Mark Gwynne, DO, President, UNC Health Alliance
- Kody Kinsley, MPP, Secretary of North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Mark McClellan, MD, PhD, Director, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy, and co-chair of the Guiding Committee for the Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network (LAN)
- Purva Rawal, PhD, Chief Strategy Officer, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation
- Kathleen Schwarzwalder, MBA, Market Vice President, Humana
- Karen Smith, MD, The Family Medicine Practice of Karen L. Smith MD, FAAFP
- Rebecca Whitaker, PhD, MSPH, Research Director - North Carolina Health Care Transformation, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy.
This event will be recorded. Please check back to this website 3-5 business days after the event to access the recording files.