Are you an aspiring leader in health policy and management?
Margolis Scholars are part of a university-wide cohort of graduate and professional students from across Duke who share a common interest in and professional commitment to health policy and management.
Students from the following Duke University Graduate and professional schools are eligible to apply: Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke Law School, Duke School of Nursing, Fuqua School of Business, and Duke School of Medicine.
DURING THE PROGRAM, MARGOLIS SCHOLARS WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Scholarships/financial stipend to cover education- and training-related expenses
- Opportunities to work with faculty and research staff on research projects of interest, including mentorship and guidance on graduate program projects and/or theses
- Participation in events and experiential learning opportunities, including trip(s) to DC to learn from and network with health policy leaders.
- Guidance on and support for internships, post-doctoral fellowship, and/or job placement
- Availability of and guidance on health policy courses across Duke
- Increased exposure to health care-oriented faculty, staff, students and other experts across Duke as well as external senior leaders and practitioners
UPON COMPLETION, MARGOLIS SCHOLARS WILL BE PREPARED TO:
- Apply an interdisciplinary, multi-stakeholder perspective to understand key health policy and management issues
- Engage in and execute health policy and management research and consulting projects
- Translate research into practical, innovative, and evidence-based policy solutions to improve health and the value of health care
- Effectively convey ideas to different audiences through oral and written communication
- Cultivate dynamic careers in government, academia, nonprofit organizations, and the private sector